1) Fat stores excess calories in a safe way so you can use them when you’re hungry, and
2) Fat releases hormones that control metabolism
3) Baby fat which is brown fat a vital source of energy for infants and forms part of their body weight. It disappears by adulthood.
4) Healthy Skin and hair are maintained by fat.
5) Fat helps the body absorb and move the vitamins A,D,E,K through the bloodstream which are vital for skin, eye site ,epithelial lining of various organs in the body and the reproductive system.
6) Fat is stores also serve as heat insulation
7) Fat is also vital in protecting various organs of the body as it serves as a shock absorber
8) Fat is an alternate source of storing energy apart from carbohydrate.
For the downside to Fat
- Normal BMI = 19- 25
BMI is the Body Mass Index which is calculated Weight (kg)/ height (m 2) or by multiplying your weight in pounds by 703, then dividing by your height in inches squared
. This is also serves as a guide to adequate weight for people of various ages, race and gender. A person with a BMI between 25- 29 is considered overweight and over 30 is termed obese.
2. Fat is also crucial to normal hormone balance as has been said earlier in women it increases the levels of male hormones leading to
II) Excess facial hair
3. Fat also affects our sleep patterns, Overweight individuals are more likely to suffer from sleep apnea which causes breathing to stop many times at night. If breathing stops oxygen stops coming into the body and automatically drops increasing the risk of
4. The larger your waist, the higher your risk of developing heart failure. A condition where the heart, is unable to pump blood into and out of vessels ,thereby leading to pooling of fluid in the lungs and dependent areas like the legs.
5. The body has integrated a unique way to break down fat –metabolism however the more fat deposits one has the higher the rate of metabolism.